Magnolia Elementary School is a small, rural K-8 elementary school that is rich in tradition. It was established in 1907-1908 as a one room schoolhouse that, according to records, included 9-18 students. In 1920 the Magnolia Elementary School District combined with the Alamorio School District to create the Magnolia Union Elementary School District with a total of 85 students. It now serves a diverse student body of 130 students on a modern campus that consists of a district office, cafeteria, computer lab, library, 6 classrooms and a multipurpose room.
The district staff consists of a part time custodian, a custodian/bus driver, a cafeteria cook, two instructional aides, 7 fully credentialed teachers, the district Supt/Principal Old Magnolia Paintingand the administrative assistant. All are dedicated to helping Magnolia’s students achieve success.
The district administration and staff recognize that our students’ parents are vital to our students’ success. Parent involvement is an integral part of the school’s program and parents are always welcome. We encourage our parents to sign up as classroom volunteers or simply come and visit our school.
We believe that our students are all special, that each child can learn, and we are dedicated to maintain a safe, caring, and nurturing educational environment that allows each child to succeed.